Shipping & Returns
We ship in 1-2 business days as long as the model you have ordered is in stock - most are. We do not drop ship so you can be confident that your order will be delivered when we say it will.
Shipping and leadtime
We normally ship using FedEx Ground service to mainland US. The majority of orders ship from our Chicago warehouse in 1-2 business days. Shipping to most customers takes between one and four business days:
If the model you purchase is on back order you can get an up to date estimate of when your shower screen is expected to ship from our Chicago warehouse by clicking on theView Cart link. We will ship it as soon as it becomes available, normally the same day. We don't charge anything for handling. You can also collect from our warehouse near Chicago (the ZIP code is 60018) to save the $79 shipping fee; please select 'Pick up' during checkout.
Damages and other shipping exceptions
Very occasionally the shipping does not go according to plan. Examples include damages, extreme weather and mislaid shipments. When this occurs we do our best to rectify the situation as quickly as possible but we recommend that you allow for shipping exceptions when you place your order.
All our shower screens are handed to FedEx (or UPS) in brand new boxes. As a condition of sale, we kindly ask our customers to inspect their new shower screen package when it arrives for signs of shipping damage and to inspect the shower screen itself for damage and imperfections as soon as the box is opened. Please notify us as soon as conveniently possible if anything is amiss so we can rectify the situation. Thank you for your cooperation.
We offer a 30 day refund policy. If your shower screen:
- is unopened, we will cheerfully issue a full refund less shipping costs.
- has been opened but not installed, we will issue an 80% refund less shipping costs, as long as we receive it in original condition.
- has been installed, we will issue a 50% refund less shipping costs, as long as we receive it undamaged.
Please note that the shower screen must be very well protected for return shipping to prevent shipping damage. We recommend using the original packaging if possible, in particular the edge and corner protectors. Please contact us if you need further guidance.
Simplicity - we try to keep our pricing as simple as possible. Our shower screens start at $399 for the semi-frameless range and $449 for the frameless range plus $79 shipping (to mainland US), for the models which are 60" high by 30" wide. For wider, 33.5" models add $49 and for taller, 64"/70" models add $29/$79. ClearShield costs an additional $99 on all models. 10.25% sales tax is applied for Illinois purchases only.
Price match - we also sell through a small number of on line retailers. The prices should be identical (shipping included) everywhere but if you find a lower price somewhere else, come back to us and we'll match it and knock an additional $25 off.
Sales - we don't plan to offer 'sale' prices, coupons or anything else - what you see is what you get! Sometimes we have shower screens in damaged boxes - we will not ship these (even if we are out of stock) but we will sell them at a discount to customers local to Chicago who wish to collect.
Ordering and payment
You can order in the following ways:
- Through the website. You can place an order any time through the website by paying using a credit card or PayPal account if you have one. Please note that as of 10.25.2010 we have stopped taking Amex credit cards because they have increased their fees significantly - please contact us if you have no alternative payment methods and we can process the transaction manually.
- By mail. You are welcome to place orders by mailing a check to us but please allow time for the check to clear our account before we ship to you.
- By phone. We accept credit card orders over the phone (312-239-8937).
- In person. If you are in Chicago we'll accept cash in person. This is by appointment only, please call ahead to arrange.
Please don't send cash in the mail.
The arkshowers.com website and shopping cart is hosted by Yahoo! Store because we consider Yahoo! to offer the best security available. The following is a description of steps Yahoo! takes to protect your information from misuse when ordering through a Yahoo! Store:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL): Yahoo! Store uses the latest 256+ bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time a Yahoo! Store asks for a credit card number during checkout for payment, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on Yahoo! servers.
- CISP Compliance: Yahoo! Merchant Solutions is certified CISP-compliant. Created by Visa and MasterCard, the Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) outlines a standard for security procedures for merchants and service providers that store, process, or transmit cardholder data.