This section provides information on how to install Ark Shower Screens. It is recommended to review this with your installer prior to making a purchase to ensure that the necessary preparations are made.
Planning your installation. It is important to take the following into consideration while you are planning your bathroom renovation:
- Our bath shower screens are heavy, weighing between 56 and 72lbs, depending on the model you choose. Consequently they need to be securely fixed to the wall and the wall itself needs to be sound.
- The weight of the frameless bath shower screens are taken completely by the screws which attach the two hinges to the wall, whereas the weight of the semi-frameless bath shower screens are taken mainly by the tub (because the bottom of the continuous hinge rests on the tub ledge) and partly by the screws fixing the mounting bracket to the wall.
- The bathtub must be level and the wall plumb in preparation for a good installation of the frameless range. The hinge assembly of the semi-frameless model can accommodate a greater degree out of level/plumb 'ness'(!) Please contact us if you have questions about this
- The surface of the tub ledge must be flat, otherwise the bottom seal may not be able to accommodate irregularities or depressions, allowing water to go underneath. A long, straight edge, e.g. a steel rule or combination square can be used to check this - if daylight can be seen between the tub and the edge then the tub is not level enough. It is particularly important to check this if you have a cast iron tub.
- It is recommended to find a good contractor who can assess your particular situation and take all necessary steps (e.g. wall preparation, fastener/anchor selection) appropriate to ensure a safe and sound installation.
- We can sometimes recommend an installer who has been recommended by other customers in your area; please contact us if you would like us to check our list.
- Disclaimer - the written and video guides shown below are for information purposes only. Ark Showers recommends that only trained professionals install our bathtub shower screens and warns its customers that the installation of shower doors performed by those who are not professionally qualified or trained to do so could result in serious bodily injury or property damage. Ark Showers accepts no responsibility for such damage or injury resulting from the installation of its products.
To download a document illustrating each step of a frameless shower screen installation, click here. Trouble downloading? Please contact us.
Please note: The written guide has been updated over time and includes some details not covered in the video guide. Please use the written guide as the main reference for the installation of your frameless shower tub doors, and the video guide for additional information only.
Part 1 - Attach the hinges to the glass
Part 2 - Drill the holes, screw the hinges to the wall and attach the sweeps
To download a PDF document describing semi-frameless shower screen installation, click here. Trouble downloading? Please contact us.
Please note: The written shower screen installation guide has been updated over time and includes some details not covered in the video shower screen installation guide. Please use the written semi-frameless shower screen installation guide as the main reference and the video guide for additional information only.
Part 1 - Mark and drill the holes
Shows you the tools for the job, unpacking the screen, measuring and marking the holes for the mounting bracket, safety considerations and drilling the holes.
Shows how to insert the anchors, apply silicone to the mounting bracket, lining up and fixing the mounting bracket to the wall, moving the shower screen into position and fixing the shower screen to the mounting bracket.